At Joy Global, employee health is a key priority. Therefore, we have instituted numerous health programs to help ensure that our employees do not sustain health-related injuries on the job.
- Fatigue management: we carefully monitor work hours, including overtime hours and consecutive days worked, to make sure that our employees are sufficiently rested to do their jobs properly and not become injured due to fatigue
- Hazardous communication: we ensure that any hazardous substances used in the workplace are evaluated and the relevant hazard information is communicated clearly to employees
- Hearing conservation: we regularly monitor operating noise levels and provide audiometric testing, training, and hearing protection to employees that work in environments with consistently high noise levels
- Hexavalent Chromium management: we continuously monitor air quality where hexavalent chromium might be present and take preventive actions when appropriate
- Respiratory protection: we conduct periodic industrial hygiene monitoring throughout all our facilities; should respiratory protection be required, we will provide medical evaluation and training on use, care, cleaning, maintenance, and storage of respirators to any employee who wears a respirator as part of their job responsibilities
In addition, we have a robust wellness program that encourages and supports employees in living a healthy lifestyle.