The 1900AL electric mining shovel, with a nominal payload of 18 mt (20 st), is proven in heavy-duty and severe-duty mining applications.
Exceptional bail pull
- Friction-free P&H Magnetorque electromagnetic power system for exceptional bail pull in the hoist function during extremely heavy digging conditions
- Smooth, rapid dipper passage through the bank for increased dipper fill without stalling
- Wide twin-leg handle for stability through the dig cycle
- Robust electric-driven rack-and-pinion crowd system, with dipper adjustment controls for optimizing digging force during operation
- Geometry optimized for fatigue resistance in shock and high-load conditions
- Maximized cutting forces for improved fill factors and cycle times
Reliability and high machine availability
- Consistently achieves over 90% mechanical availability
- Proven mining duty motors and gearboxes for extended component lives
- Structural design using high-strength, low-alloy steels for improved fatigue lives
- Responsive control system for operator confidence through the dig cycle
- Graphical user interface displays shovel systems operation and health information
- Efficient sight lines and refined ergonomics (adjustable heated seat, massage controls, adjustable lumbar support, and two-position footrest) improve operator effectiveness and reduce fatigue
- Hand-operated hoist, crowd, swing and propel control joysticks feature thumb-actuated auxiliary switches for siren, dipper trip functions
- Ergonomic loading control joysticks, brake, and propel transfer functions at operator’s fingertips, and dipper trip and signal horn trigger switches reduce operator fatigue and repetitive strain
- Small lever switch transfers the energy from the crowd generator to the crowd motor to engage independent propel motor function
- Convenient access to shovel control buttons, switches mounted to left, right consoles flanking operator
We help you select the ideal dipper for your mining application by considering the following:
- Production goals
- Pit geometry
- Operational layout
- Haulage capacity
- Drilling and blasting levels
- Material characteristics
- Maintenance objectives
- Previous dipper experience
While your dipper selection will be specific for your application, our P&H dippers feature the following:
- Square corner lip
- Friction disc-style snubbers
- Fixed-length pitch braces
Proven motor designs
- Ideal for heavy-duty and severe-duty mining applications
- Provide robust speed, lower inertia, and peak HP
|Height of cut
||42 ft. 6 in.
|Radius of cut
||58 ft. 6 in.
|Dumping height (door open)*
||27 ft. 0 in.
|Floor level radius
||38 ft. 0 in.
|Tail swing radius
||23 ft. 0 in.
|Operator eye level
||24 ft. 3 in.
* Height shown with ball-type dipper. Heights will be greater with bail-less or compact-bail dippers. Actual dumping height can be greater than door clearance height.
|Nominal dipper capacity*
|Range dipper capacity
||7.5 to 19.1 m3
||10 to 25 yd3
|Rated suspended load
* Payload and dipper capacity are dependent on many factors. Contact Joy Global for an analysis of your specific application.
||26 ft. 6 in.
||34 ft. 0 in.
|Height over gantry
||33 ft. 2 in.
|Width of crawler shoes
|Width of crawlers (42")
||22 ft. 0 in.
|Length of crawlers
||25 ft. 0 in.
||1 ft. 9 in.
|Height: ground to bottom of counterweight slabs
||7 ft. 4 in.
Advanced control technology
Advanced control technologies include the following:
- Temperature monitoring system
- Control logic software
- Extended speed range in hoist and crowd
- Hoist, crowd, and retract limits
- Automatic lubrication and compressed air systems control