The 250XPC rotary blasthole drill provides up to 40,823 kg (90,000 lbs.) of bit loading, specifically designed for 250 and 270 mm hole diameter applications. This drill is used in coal, copper, and diamond mines worldwide.
- Top-drive, rack-and-pinion pulldown has fewer wearing components requiring maintenance, contributing to better machine availability
- Powerful rotary carriages provide ample torque and bit loading to break through the toughest rock conditions
- Mainframes and crawler frames are built for maximum strength and stand up to the most challenging hard rock mine conditions
- Rugged crawlers and powerful hydrostatic propel drives deliver maneuverability, gradability, and fast set-ups
- Drill mast is designed for high-cycle fatigue resistance, resulting in less downtime and lower costs for crack repair
- Mast, constructed of high-strength alloy steel, provides maximum rotary carriage and drill string support
Excellent operator visibility
- Operator's cab provides a clear, unobstructed view of the drilling area, including the areas surrounding the drill
- Full windows, coupled with video cameras, ensure that your operator has maximum visibility during drilling and propelling operations
- Operator's chair can swivel to face the travel direction, allowing safer repositioning
Protective and productive operator environment
- FOPS Level II-certified structure and shatter-resistant glass protects your operator during harsh mining conditions
- Operator controls are located within easy reach to allow for maximum productivity
Superior extreme environment capabilities
In addition, the 250XPC has options available that make it ideal for some of the toughest mining conditions in the world:
- Arctic conditions: equipped with the necessary heaters and insulation to protect both your operator and the drill in temperatures that reach -40°C (-40°F)
- High altitude: has the power and air capacity to maximize productivity in altitudes up to 4572 m (15,000 ft.)
||200 to 311 mm
||7 7/8 to 12 1/4 in.
|Single pass mast:
Standard hole depth
Maximum hole depth
Standard hole depth
Optional hole depth
|Maximum bit loading
||Lattice-type using alloy steel structural shapes
|Single pass mast
|Raising and lowering
||Up to 30º in 5 degree increments (only available with multi-pass)
Hoist / pulldown
||Dual hydrostatic / direct drive chainless rack and pinion
|Bit loading (maximum)
|Drill feed rate to:
|Hoist rate to:
||25 ft. 8 in.
|Height, mast up
||91 ft. 2 in.
|Height, mast down
||27 ft. 5 in.
|Length, mast up
||55 ft. 3 in.
|Length, mast down
||94 ft. 3 in.
|Overall width of crawlers
||18 ft. 1 in.
|Overall length of crawlers
||23 ft. 1 in.
|Width of jacks
||12 ft. 10 in.
|Length between jacks
||31 ft. 2.5 in.
|Height to top of operator cab
||15 ft. 10 in.
|Operating weight (maximum)
|Shipping weight with mast
|Ground-bearing pressure for track pads
|Ground-bearing pressure for jacks
The electrical control system includes key operator protection systems, including:
- Over-temperature shutdowns
- Over-tilt protection
- Pipe rack interlock protection
- Pipe protection software
The following optional equipment upgrades are available for the 250XPC:
- Bit lubrication
- Cold weather package
- Fire suppression
- High altitude package
- Remote propel control
- Wiggins Fastfil system*
*The Wiggins and Fastfil trademarks are the property of their respective owners.