The 320XPC rotary blasthole drill provides up to 68,038 kg (150,000 lbs.) of bit loading and is specifically designed for large diameter blasthole drilling in extremely difficult rock conditions.
- Top-drive, rack-and-pinion pulldown has fewer wearing components requiring maintenance, contributing to better machine availability
- Powerful rotary carriages provide ample torque and bit loading to break through the toughest rock conditions
- Mainframes and crawler frames are built for maximum strength and stand up to the most challenging hard rock mine conditions
- Rugged crawlers and powerful hydrostatic propel drives deliver maneuverability, gradability, and fast set-ups
- Drill mast is designed for high-cycle fatigue resistance, resulting in less downtime and lower costs for crack repair
- Mast, constructed of high-strength alloy steel, provides maximum rotary carriage and drill string support
Excellent operator visibility
- Operator's cab provides a clear, unobstructed view of the drilling area, including the areas surrounding the drill
- Full windows, coupled with video cameras, ensure that your operator has maximum visibility during drilling and propelling operations
- Operator's chair can swivel to face the travel direction, allowing safer repositioning
Protective and productive operator environment
- FOPS Level II-certified structure and shatter-resistant glass protects your operator during harsh mining conditions
- Operator controls are located within easy reach to allow for maximum productivity
Superior extreme environment capabilities
In addition, the 320XPC has options available that make it ideal for some of the toughest mining conditions in the world:
- Weak power grids: has a soft-start transformer available that reduces the initial inrush current, limiting the impact of starting the drill on weak power grids; this can reduce your overall power infrastructure costs and increase the life of the main motor and compressor
- Arctic conditions: equipped with the necessary heaters and insulation to protect both your operator and the drill in temperatures that reach -40°C (-40°F)
- High altitude: has the power and air capacity to maximize productivity in altitudes up to 4572 m (15,000 ft.)
||270 to 444 mm
||10 5/8 to 17 1/2 in.
|Maximum single pass hole depth:
|Maximum multi-pass hole depth:
Single pipe rack
Dual pipe rack
|Maximum bit loading
||Lattice-type using alloy steel structural shapes
|Single pass mast:
|Raising and lowering
Hoist / pulldown
||DC electric motor driven chainless rack and pinion
|Bit loading (maximum)
|Drill feed rate to:
|Hoist rate to:
||27 ft. 11 in.
|Height, mast up
||100 ft. 6 in.
|Height, mast down
||33 ft. 6 in.
|Length, mast up
||60 ft. 8 in.
|Length, mast down
||107 ft. 10 in.
|Overall width of crawlers
|Overall length of crawlers
|Width of jacks
||15 ft. 2 in.
|Length between jacks
||33 ft. 7 in.
|Height to top of operator cab
||15 ft. 11 in.
|Operating weight (maximum)
|Shipping weight with mast
|Ground-bearing pressure for track pads:
914 mm (36 in.) shoes
117 mm (44 in.) shoes
|Ground-bearing pressure for jacks:
Centurion control system
The Centurion electrical control system provides superior performance, monitoring, and data integration capabilities.
The supervisory controller, with direct integrated communication with the motor drives, allows precise motor control and fast cycle times. Real-time multi-tasking capability means optimal machine logic sequencing, monitoring, and control.
The I/O system uses the Profibus communication protocol for seamless integration of all drill subsystems. Low-voltage 23V DC I/O drop points feature open- and short-circuit detection for improved diagnostics and troubleshooting.
The graphical user interface features intuitive, icon-based screens that display vital information, including shovel status, troubleshooting information, and optional production monitoring data and operator feedback.
Learn how Centurion maximizes your drill’s efficiency.
PreVail remote health management system
The PreVail remote health management (RHM) system provides timely and efficient machine health and performance data. The PreVail RHM system taps into the powerful communication, command, and control capabilities of the drill’s electrical control system, transforming the data into valuable knowledge, including KPI (key performance indicator) dashboards, graphical analysis tools, predictive modeling, and reporting tools.
When you activate PreVail RHM on your 320XPC drill, you have access to:
- Increased asset performance visibility to help you determine when to intervene, minimizing corrective action costs
- Valuable risk management tools that help reduce troubleshooting time and mean time to recovery
- Key performance indicator (KPI) benchmarking that makes performance gaps more visible and allow you to set in motion corrective measures to maximize productivity
- Operating practices analysis that allows you to review and correct operators that are not following best practices for optimal productivity
The initial subscription period of one year is included free; after one year, subscription fees apply.
Learn how PreVail can help you maximize your drill’s productivity.
The following optional equipment upgrades are available for the 320XPC:
- Bit lubrication
- Cold weather package
- Fire suppression
- High altitude package
- Remote propel control
- Wiggins Fastfil system*
*The Wiggins and Fastfil trademarks are the property of their respective owners.