The 4800XPC electric rope shovel, featuring Adaptive Controls technology, is specifically designed for three-pass loading of 327 to 363 mt (360 to 400 st) ultra-class haul trucks. The 4800XPC, when compared to the 4100XPC, offers:
- Up to 20% increase in production
- Up to 10% decrease in cost per ton
Exceptional bail pull
- Rugged Centurion control system for exceptional bail pull in the hoist function during extremely heavy digging conditions
- Smooth, rapid dipper passage through the bank for increased dipper fill without stalling
Robust and stable design
- Wide twin-leg handle for stability through the dig cycle
- Robust electric-driven rack-and-pinion crowd system, with dipper adjustment controls for optimizing digging force during operation
- Direct-drive crowd with integral fleeting sheave reduces maintenance costs and helps eliminate boom jacking
- Optimized boom design with stabilized handle geometry improves dipper maneuverability and maintenance access
- Enhanced ring gear resists fatigue and accommodates increased payload
- Geometry optimized for fatigue resistance in shock and high-load conditions
- Maximized cutting forces for improved fill factors and cycle times
- Proven mining duty motors and gearboxes for extended component lives
- Structural design using high-strength, low-alloy steels for improved fatigue lives
- Dual-hoist motors for balanced and evenly distributed loads
- DELTA drive for improved shoe-to-tumbler engagement
- Planetary transmissions with proven long life on swing and propel (over 20 million hours logged)
Highly precise motor control
- Rugged Centurion-based compact-design ABB drives
- Direct torque control with the best dynamic performance in the industry
- AC drives that are compact, air-cooled, and modular
- Maintenance-friendly modules that are easy to replace
- Monitored and controlled neural network of over 500 I/O nodes, using fast, high-capacity Profibus fiber-optic cable network
- Optimized shovel performance for maximum production rates
Operator comfort and efficiency
- Responsive control system for operator confidence through the dig cycle
- Graphical user interface displays shovel systems operation and health information
- Efficient sight lines and refined ergonomics (adjustable heated seat, massage controls, adjustable lumbar support, and two-position footrest) improve operator effectiveness and reduce fatigue
- Ergonomic loading control joysticks, brake and propel transfer functions at operator’s fingertips, and dipper trip and signal horn trigger switches reduce operator fatigue and repetitive strain
- House pressurization system to provide filtered air for cooling and dust repression
- Modular counterweight and boarding stairs enhances safety and access while providing faster assembly and disassembly
We help you select the ideal dipper for your mining application by considering the following:
- Production goals
- Pit geometry
- Operational layout
- Truck-loading parameters
- Drilling and blasting levels
- Material characteristics
- Maintenance objectives
- Previous dipper experience
While your dipper selection will be specific for your application, our P&H dippers feature the following:
- Enhanced dipper design for improved bank penetration and higher payload-to-weight ratio
- Adjustable pitch braces for precise rake angles
- Wide radius lip
- Dual-action hydraulic snubbers
- Next-generation latching components
- Optional raised-heel design for improved maintenance and production characteristics
Proven motor designs
- Ideal for heavy-duty and severe-duty mining applications
- Provide robust speed, lower inertia, and peak HP
Mine Air Systems climate control
The included Mine Air Systems (MAS) climate control system provides air conditioning, heating, air filtration, and pressurization for your electric mining shovel. Featured benefits include:
- Rugged design specifically engineered for surface mining applications
- Modular design for unmatched change-out speed and convenience
- Unique weather-sealed roof-plate eliminates dust and water leaks into the cab and electrical room
- Stainless steel construction
- Designed specifically for ozone friendly R-407C refrigerant
- High-efficiency air filters to suit each application
- Industrial-sized extra-efficient filter/pressurizer with air pre-cleaner
- Smooth and quiet scroll-technology compressor
- Enhanced dipper design provides improved bank penetration and higher payload-to-weight ratio
|Height of cut
||59 ft. 0 in.
|Radius of cut
||79 ft. 9 in.
|Maximum dump reach
||81 ft. 3 in.
|Dumping height (door open)
||30 ft. 10 in.
|Floor level radius
||53 ft. 1 in.
|Tail swing radius
||32 ft. 3 in.
|Operator eye level
||33 ft. 1 in.
|Nominal dipper capacity
65.7 to 70.3 m3
72.5 to 77.6 m3
86 to 92 yd3
92.7 to 99.1 yd3
|Rated suspended load
|Optimum truck size
*Payload and dipper capacity are dependent on many factors. Contact us for an analysis of your specific application.
||47 ft. 1 in.
||49 ft. 4 in.
|Height over gantry
||48 ft. 3 in.
|Width of crawler shoes
|Width of crawlers (76")
||34 ft. 5 in.
|Length of crawlers
||38 ft. 6 in.
||2 ft. 2 in.
|Height: ground to bottom of counterweight slabs
||10 ft. 6 in.
LED lighting package
Complete high efficiency LED lighting available for internal, external, and emergency lighting.
Adaptive Controls system
Our Adaptive Controls are a series of control functions that optimize shovel power usage in different phases of the dig cycle. Their purpose is to improve shovel performance while lessening the effect of operating impacts on the machine.
- Smart control and application of power
- Improves shovel productions without sacrificing life
- Reduces boom jacking
Learn how our adaptive controls technology can optimize your productivity.
PreVail remote health management system
The PreVail remote health management (RHM) system provides timely and efficient machine health and performance data. The PreVail RHM system taps into the powerful communication, command, and control capabilities of the shovel's electrical control system, transforming the data into valuable knowledge, including KPI (key performance indicator) dashboards, graphical analysis tools, predictive modeling, and reporting tools.
When you activate PreVail RHM on your 4800XPC shovel, you have access to:
- Increased asset performance visibility to help you determine when to intervene, minimizing corrective action costs
- Valuable risk management tools that help reduce troubleshooting time and mean time to recovery
- Key performance indicator (KPI) benchmarking that makes performance gaps more visible and allow you to set in motion corrective measures to maximize productivity
- Operating practices analysis that allows you to review and correct operators that are not following best practices for optimal productivity
The initial subscription period of one year is included free; after one year, subscription fees apply.
Learn how PreVail can help you maximize your drill’s productivity.
Track Shield collision detection and mitigation system
Developed with extensive shovel operator input, Track Shield is the only automated operator-assist technology on an electric rope shovel that detects and helps prevent a dipper from striking the crawler.
Learn how Track Shield can help prevent dipper strikes.
Payload dipper payload monitoring system
The P&H Payload system provides accurate, reliable payload measurements, coupled with simple system calibration, that allow your operators to optimize their loading processes.
The system provides the shovel operator the weight, in tons, of the material in the dipper. Since there is a target payload based on the haul truck’s size, this information allows the operator to load the truck – every time - to the exact target payload.
Learn how Payload can help make truck loading more efficient.
Cold weather equipment
Optional extra heaters and insulation protect both your operator and the shovel in temperatures that reach -40°C.
Universal shovel interface system
The universal shovel interface allows your shovels to send and receive data with any mine management system, including ModularTM, JigsawTM, and WencoTM systems.
On the shovel side
The Centurion electronic control receives information, such as the following, from the mine management system:
- Haul truck information, including capacity, truck model and ID, and material code
- Delay codes
- GPS location of the shovel
On the mine management side
The mine management system receives information, such as the following, from the shovel:
- Shovel faults
- Propel start/stop times
- Payload data, including cycle times and payloads
This information sharing means reduced operation costs, improved production data, and key performance indicator tracking.
Learn how the universal shovel interface can help you maximize your shovel’s productivity.